Sunday 26 April 2015

Skateboarding in Afghanistan, Gentoo Penguins and Knitting: Two Colour Star Stitch

Skateboarding in Afghanistan

Girls in Afghanistan aren't allowed to ride bicycles but they are allowed to skateboard. Through the organisation @stakeistan, girls can skateboard, try out other sports and even get an education.

Gentoo Penguins

While marking penguins in photos for Zooniverse's Penguin Watch, the Gentoo penguins all seemed to have two chicks.

I wasn't sure whether I was seeing things or whether that fluffy mass at the parent's feet was really two penguin chicks. Turns out they do have two chicks, and even though the eggs are laid four days apart, they hatch within 24 hours of each other.

Two Colour Star Stitch

This is a stitch I found at The Weekly Stitch.I found it quite quick and simple to work up, but I only used one colour. I've seen other stitches called star stitch so I'm wondering how to classify stitches so that I can keep track of what I have and haven't done.

No comments:

Post a Comment