Friday 24 April 2015

More Cable Knitting, Bootstrap Forms, Mint Julip

More Cable Knitting

After yesterday's success at a basic cabling stitch, I jumped in with both feet and went for woven lattice cable stitch. It's a pattern on 2 (mod 6) stitches with an eight row repeat. This involves three cable stitching I haven't done before. Cable four front (like cable four back), twist four front and twist four back. The two twist stitches both involve two knit and two purl stitches. They're all demonstrated in the video below, along with the stitch itself.

Bootstrap Forms

I finished watching the videos on edX's Bootstrap course. The final section was on forms. Most of the course covered things I'd used before, or at least knew about since I worked with Bootstrap for a year and a half in my last job. It was encouraging to see that I do know things as I'm usually only aware of the mountain of things I don't know. There were a few things I learnt from the course though. I haven't set up a navbar, didn't know you could use nav-fixed-bottom so that the navbar is at the bottom of the window and always visible when the user scrolls. I also learnt how to made forms have a checkmark or cross or whatever else to the right of the input box using has-feedback on the form-group and form-control-feedback on the thing to go at the end of the input box.

Mint Julip

If you are going to use mint in a drink, you need to be careful not to damage the leaves too much as this will make the drink bitter. Instead of crushing the leaves, just bruise them between the flats of your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment